View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: So Far my favorite bit about Sean Penn

Your opinion of Sean Penn means nothing to me. I said the dude was stupid and selfish. I think that there are other issues more important than what he did or didn't do and what his intentions were.

I read both the articles you posted. Are you denying that there will be far-reaching environmental impacts of this flood? Because that's all those articles are saying. Neither of them even SUGGESTED NOT pumping out the city as a solution.

[ QUOTE ]
Toxicologists and public health experts warned yesterday that pumping billions of gallons of contaminated water from the streets of New Orleans back into the Gulf of Mexico - the only viable option if the city is ever to return to even a semblance of its former self -would have a crippling effect on marine and animal life, compromise the wetlands that form the first line of resistance to future hurricanes, and carry deleterious consequences for human health throughout the region.

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote comes the closest, and all it says is things that are all true! Should that just not be reported? If people fall ill years down the road as a result of this toxic soup, is it the environmentalists' fault? Or is it the fault of the pollutants flooded over the region?

I'm not ragging on industry. I'm just pointing out that this is the risk we run.

Your post contributed nothing in the way of new information, instead confusing a legitimate issue with one that will probably never happen. You know what, if there is a SERIOUS challenge to pumping out the city, I'm going to think it's stupid, even though I understand the argument behind it. Jerking with the ecosystem isn't going to help more people survive.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just looking to attack people that think different from me, even if it involves twisting facts and misleading people, while ignoring the actual issue I am introducing to the forum. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.