View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL who should I start FF WEEK 1 thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with the Sports Guy re: D. Davis. Until I read this article I thought I was the only one. Can somebody explain to me the infatuation with him?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/050826

[ QUOTE ]
never understood the Davis thing -- just seems like he can be tackled. There's nothing special about him. Yet I've seen him as high as No. 11 on some boards. Ridiculous. He's like a more durable Kevin Faulk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, Walker's coming off his contract year, so I'm not sure how much better he'll be than Driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regarding Davis, 1200 yards and 13 TD's is really quite good. Given his age and role in that offense it's safe to project him to repeat and even improve on these numbers. Also his role in the passing game in Houston gives him an edge on backs with similar rushing numbers. Last year was nearly 1800 total yards. Not to mention 68 receptions to boot, if you happen to be in a league that awards points for receptions.

Regarding Walker:
1. Contract year = overrated. It's so weak predicting bustouts for players going into a contract year or let downs for players coming off contract years. For every case you can give me for that arguement, I can give you 5 against it.
2. I think that argument is irrelavent regarding Walker -- wasn't he threatening to hold out because he's still playing under his rookie contract and wants it renegotiated?