View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Are these stats normal?

To follow up on Ribbo's post. It isn't the number of pots you win but how much money you make at the end of the day, week, year.

I have been playing mostly pot limit and if I posted my stats people would think I was insane. I enter a huge number of pots, quickly fold if the flop doesn't help me and push hard if I catch a piece of the flop. If I see the turn (which isn't often) I win a large percentage of the time and the pots are large.

So what if you win a lot of small pots. As a lot of people have said " don't go broke trying to win a small pot". Too many people have become obsessed with statistics and are ignoring the basics. Who cares if you win 3.2% (or whatever the number is) of the times you enter a pot with AA34, you are going to play that hand anyway. What if your stats said you win 100% of the time with 58TK because the three times you were dealt this hand you played for free from the blinds and contected with some ugly flops. Would you decide to play this hand in MP with a raise in front of you?

Sorry this seems to ramble but as Mark Twain said "if I had more time this post would be shorter"