View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: The swings...I don\'t like them so much.

About a year ago I got back into limit holdem with a $480 bankroll and I started back at $2/$4 cause I couldn't be bothered with those suckers at the lower limits. After about 2500 hands I was 80BB down - that's $320. Now, 80BB is nothing if you're adequately bankrolled. It's a normal swing. But if you're playing beyond your means it's a disaster. So I drop down to $1/2 and after 2500 hands I'm like only 35BB down, which is $70. And I have $90 left in my account. So I drop down to 0.50/1, where I spend the next seven months grinding my roll up to $600 to move back up to 1/2. That's where I am now, and doing pretty good too, (it was so nice to see my pokertracker numbers on 1/2 change from red to green the other week.)

What's my point? You have uder 100BB for the limit that you're playing. Downswings of 100BB are normal for even the best of players. I advise you in the strongest sense possible to at least move down to .50/1 where you'll have a much better chance of surviving. Otherwise you may be posting the old, "I just got wiped out" post in under a week.