View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: first live (cardroom) game -- 3 hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: This pot is way too big, and the flop too ragged, for you to fold here. No quality straight or flush draws...2 pair is unlikely (would you really put someone on Q3, Q7, or 73, suited or not, with that preflop action?). With 2 overcards to this ragged board, I think you have to stay here...even with calling the 3-bet, you're still getting 7-1 pot odds on about a 7-1 shot of hitting A or K on the turn. Sure, you might be drawing dead against a set, but there's a lot of other hands you'll beat (like QJ...the winner here).

[/ QUOTE ]

In general I agree with this sentiment, but I leaned the other way this time - Hero has nothing but overcards and 3 to a straight one way. With the preflop and flop action being what it was (capped preflop followed by bet, raise, re-raise) I think your outs are seriously tainted. The board is ragged but at least some of your 4 villains' hands will not be. If you're lucky enough not to be up against AA, KK or QQ you've still got to face AK and AQ - all of these holdings put you in really bad shape. QJ may have won the hand with two-pair, but that doesn't mean any of the other hands I listed here weren't out there - they all easily could have been except for QQ. To the original poster: Did anyone say or show what they mucked?

The point is I'm all for doing whatever it takes to win big pots, but I think your chances are just too slim considering all the action and the 3 bets to you to continue in this hand. Give me a spade for a second backdoor draw and I'm in to see a turn card.