View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Hand Reading, PP style

I haven't read any replies yet, I wanted to crack at this and then read them. I think it would be easiest to go over your hands every street.

Preflop - Any 2 cards, minraise so you were getting huge odds, so any 2 here.

Flop - No new information, I can't decide if you were going for the check raise, but since nobody bet you don't get the chance.

Turn - I assume that you wouldn't try a check raise on the turn because it checked around on the flop. You flat call, so you either have some sort of drawing hand(If you have a drawing hand it needs to be a big drawing hand since you paid quite a bit for it, so I am thinking T8h, T9h, T9c, T8c, Kxc, Kxh, possibly a small pair with a flush draw, 5xh, Qxc, Jxc) some sort of hand that gives you a straight and flush draw. Or you have some hand that you think will be good even with a free card(by calling you are essentially giving a free card, that is why calling sucks) I don't think a single pair besides maybe the A with a straight or flush draw would be good enough to call(instead of checkraising that is) this bet so, AK, AT, Axh. I could almost see flat calling with a hand that JUST made 2 pair on the turn, I think that you would lead that flop with 2 pair, so another hand you might flat call on the turn is, AQ, JQ, 5Q. The last hands that I could see you calling with is the nuts KT.

River comes with no club or heart, I don't think you would check raise somebody with a completely missed flush draw, especially when he really seems to want to commit himself to this pot(he could have checked behind to see a showdown, unless he missed a flush draw then he would bet trying to bluff). I really don't see you putting out a stone cold bluff or a bluff with one of the bottom pairs. So after this bet, I would say you have
MLG - A5-AQ(I know I am not including AK, I think you would have bet flop), KT-KQ,Q5,Q7c,QT,QJ,J7c,57h, and lastly AA, I don't see you playing anything but top set the way you played it, you may be capable of playing middle or bottom set this way, but I would put you on that hand.

So if I was the other guy I would probably call with AT-AK, any 2 pair hand besides 57o, any set, and of course KT.

How did I do, I bet this is way off rofl, but I did like thinking about this