View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 10:56 PM

Default Failed Steal Leading to Interesting Hand

This is my first hand post. Trying to win 300 bb at each limit level starting at 1-2, this is one of my first 2-4 hands (since I restarted limit). I really want to focus on doing the right thing, instead of just feeling my way through games. In 1-2 my stats seemed to indicate that I wasn't trying to steal blinds enough.

Here's one of my first attempts with marginal hands in limit. Was this an appropriate raise pre-flop against an unknown player? Should I have raised like I did on the flop, or just called, or even reraised?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>. Hero bets, SB calls, BB raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

(9 sb)Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB reraises, Hero calls.

(7.5 bb)Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB reraises, Hero reraises, BB calls

(15.5 bb)River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has As Ad (one pair, aces).
Hero has Qh 9h (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins $67 from the main pot with straight, 8 to queen.</font>

I had to fill in some of the stuff....couldn't get the hand converter to say what anybody did except for SB. Copied it straight outta PT.

Gavin Sun