View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 10:06 PM

Default Re: I\'m a hamster... or yo-yo.. or...(stats)

Thanks for the advice. I think getting my vpip down is definately something I need to do, also I'm probably missing a lot of value bets on the river when I have a hand because I've become so gun-shy due to huge number of times I've been getting raised by a rivered two-pair, backdoor draw etc etc. MUTB syndrome.

With regards to betting the flop, I do, alot. If its heads-up or three-way I almost always put in a continuation bet.

How are you playing overcards against these passive opponents? The typical situation is I open raise with AK, AJ, KJ etc. Whiff on the flop and bet. They call. Miss the turn and bet (because they'll peel the flop regardless of the texture). Miss the river.. now what? How often are you firing off all three barrels un-improved? Once these passive players hit any piece of the flop I find they simply won't fold. They'll also call-down with Ace-high/no kicker. They all have WTSD% between 40 and 60. Considering you have next to zero fold equity I feel like betting the river, or calling their inevitable bet if you check is just spewing. What am I missing?