View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL who should I start FF WEEK 1 thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
Alright my roster is ass follows
QB- Peyton Manning @ Balt
Brian Griese @ MIN

RB- M. Bennet vs TB, S. Davis vs NO, Tatum Bell @ Mia, Tiki Barber vs AZ, Larry Johnson vs NY Jets

I am pretty sure Tiki will start but would appreaciate insight on all of them.

WR- Jerry Porter @ NE, H. Ward vs TENN, M. Jenkins vs PHI, T. Taylor vs TB, P. Buress vs AZ

I was leaning towards Porter and Ward but with Porter playing NE I am not sure what the best bet would be.
TE - LJ Smith @ ATL

Def- Bears

K Jason Hanson vs GB

This was a 14 team league so the teams are pretty thin. I need to start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, 1 WR/RB, ! TE, 1 K, 1 DEF. Thanks in advance
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Griese shouldn't be in red. Never bench Manning unless he's not playing. You're in trouble early with your RB's. Bennett isn't playing in week one, and I don't think Davis is either. Bell and Johnson are backups for now -- I would say Barber and Bell, if you have to start two. For WR I would probably go with Porter, Ward and Burress until Jenkins and Taylor establish themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this except that I would start Taylor over Burress, but I think it is close. I'm just scared of any Giants WR right now until they prove they can hit them. And you know Cullpepper will come out throwing and Taylor will be starting.