View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Regarding Jek\'s/BW\'s break-even points for BBJ (long)

As you observed..you really ARE getting a mostly 'free' shot at it.
Every time you are just DEALT a hand you have get that chance to hit it....it is assumed that if you DO hit it you will get enough action for the pot to be raked.

But at 2/4....there will be MANY hands where you were didn't hit it AND didn't have a rake taken out.
That doesn't mean that you didn't have a CHANCE to hit it though.

You start with 98s....the flop missing you completely...opponent with QQ bets his flopped quads and you fold.
You had a CHANCE to flop a straight-flush draw...but when you folded without a rake being taken you didn't have to PAY for that chance.
You got to take a shot at it for free.

This is why Jek believe that the 2/4 and 3/6 games are actually HIGHER EV for the jackpot. Because there are fewer raked hands, thus more 'free chances' without any jackpot drop being charged at all.
I'm seeing that logic as well....but my slow-motion brain is still working on how to successfully ditch my other logic.

In other words...I can see how Jek's (and others') logic is correct.
But I also still can't see why my 'alternate' logic is incorrect (even though it's virtually the OPPOSITE of Jek's logic).

I didn't sleep terribly well last night and I have a headache...so I'm pretty damn certain I'm not going to solve this personal connundrum right now.
You had a CHANCE