View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: standard? brantford 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
games great. most flops are seen 5+ for 2-3 bets. most pots are taking 2-3 scoops from the dealer to make it over to the winner.

i have AKo in the bb.

ep player raises. i haven't seen much of this player, one hand where he seemed kinda? aggressive postflop, although i dont remember the specifics of the hand much.

mp player cc. he's got 6k in front of him. he's very laggy, very bad showing down Jd2d for mid pair and in most pots.

lp player cold calls. but theres a lot of this going on with hands like T9o 22-55 and some junk.

sb comes along too and i raise AKo in the bb. all 4 come along.

flop A Q J rainbow (5 players, 5bb)

i bet ep raises mp cold calls lp player folds sb folds ... i call.

turn 5 (making 2 diamonds).(8bb) i check ep bets mp calls i call

river 6 (non diamond)(11bb) i check ep bets mp folds i... ?

[/ QUOTE ]
You must call the river, and I like the turn check since you have outs, and I like your flop play of just calling the raise since it looks to me like you got outflopped but you still have outs, 4outs against QQ,JJ. 7 outs vs AQ, and 10 outs vs AJ and youre still tied with AK. Three betting the flop would be overkill. Preflop I do not like your action. Although it is likely you may have the best hand and even if you dont you may have an equity edge youre pushing here, but being out of position, and the fact that your hand is not suited would deter me from 3 betting here, I do not want to build the pot higher with offsuit cards that are more likely to make top pair than anything else, and thus give everyone even better pot odds to chase me. Plus by not 3 betting preflop you can put yourself in a better strategic postflop position, like if the flop comes out ace high, you can lead into the raiser and if he has a weaker ace he will raise and help protect your hand, or if you flop a monster you can check and let the raiser bet so you can trap the whole field. With all that said If I had AKs I wouldve 3 bet preflop, but with AKo I would just call.