View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I certainly don't think that Im one of the best players on 2+2, or even one of the better ones. I just meant that I'm not some total newb whose really out of line.

As for Toms post:
Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

636,977,088 games 1.171 secs 543,959,938 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 45.4808 % 40.38% 05.10% { 55+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+ }
Hand 2: 54.5192 % 49.42% 05.10% { AKs }

To me this is a little more realistic, but that's just quibbling over a small 4% EV difference. The real issue is whether or not it's worth it in a tournament to put your whole stack at risk with only small edges in your favor.

Mike, your line is 100% right in money games, I just feel that in tournies since you only have 1 shot and can't rebuy, protecting your chips becomes more important. For example, if you had the chance to put your money allin as a 51% favorite in the first hand of the tourney, would you take it? I feel that you have more equity waiting for a better spot. Obviously there is a line somewhere, and often somewhere later on in the tourney I will make this call. Usually only when The blinds force me to do so, though. It's tough to win more than 1-2 coinflips in any given tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

First hand of the tourney I get a chance to double up when I'm a mathmatical favorite? I'm taking it 100% of the time.

So what happens here:

Almost half the time I free up the remainder of my day to go chew up cash games.

A little more than half the time I get a double stack to dominate the table and dramatically improve my chances of going deep and accumulating a monster stack.

Man I wish I had that chance EVERY tourney I play!

-Scott