View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Re: Was This A Good or Bad Gigabet-Wannabe Play?

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

this play isn't all that bad. I like that you are thinking about plays like this. Granted you don't have odds for it. But i think at this stage defending your blinds with an ultra loose call makes defending them that much easier from then out. You may be able to make the tChip EV back just on your image. Although in isolatioin this play is horrible, in the contect of a tourney it can be made to be decent. I'd be more impressed if you where up against AQ and AJ or AK and AK. However I'm folding this unless my chip lead is huge or the implied odds are huge, or if it's the end of a sat.

isn't this whole post an oxymoran?(meaning contradictory in every aspect)

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my post. He is thinking a correct way but misapplied his knowledge to an incorrect situation. It happens.

i am pretty sure the first 30 posts stated and agreed that there was NO correct thinking in this post and I don't understand how it could be "knowledge" if he misapplied it completely. Knowledge starts with "know" so I'm pretty sure if it was actually knowledge(or known) it wouldn't be misapplied--another contradictory statement on your part.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1st 30 post where incorrect to say that this was completely wrong.

His opinion was that he was one of the 3 best out of the 80 left. Also his read was desparation. Additionly he thought that the chips he lost wouldn't affect his standing much even if he lost. Seems like a no brainer if all the things he thought where true, where actually true.