View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Do some more hand reading...

[ QUOTE ]
2) Hand reading comes into play when we think about capping because we're charging button with 2 more cold -- so think about how many times he'll call 2 more (so we win 3BBs when we're ahead) vs. how many times he'll fold (and we win 1BB when ahead, lose 1 when behind). It's sort of going for an overcall if you look at the possible combos of boats that are out there that he could have, and the other hands that would call one more but fold for 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought of this, but do you really think Button is folding at this point? He pulled the flop call/turn raise move (which ended up being a 3-bet after BB woke up and you still raised) and then raised the river even after you capped the turn and bet into him again.

I know river check/3-bets are scary, but I'm going to be pretty surprised if Button goes away at this point.

Unless he just called with top pair on the flop, he appears to have a full house (or maybe even quads) right now. I suppose maybe BB's check/3-bet will get Button to take stock and realize his 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], among other things, now loses to any queen.

I kind of doubt that's what he has, though.