View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Two 100NL 6-max hands with all-in action.

Heh yeah, I know, I'm just a STT push-fold-monkey [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I didn't like my line in hand 2 either, but I just couldn't figure out a more reasonable way. If I would've had position, I would've gladly called the raise. But since I'm first to act, what good is it to call and then lead the turn instead of raising for value right now? I can only see downsides to calling and then leading. The opponent just might improve, and somehow I think that I have a better chance of getting called by weaker hands when I push the flop. Remember, hand 1 happend just 2 hands ago and the villain is the same person. They might just think that I'm pushing them around or something. Fishy AK (or even Ax) calls are also better with two cards to come instead of just one.

Checking the turn sounds much more interesting though. Now why didn't I think of that? My hand is pretty safe against draws and I should certainly get more value from crappy hands, maybe even induce a bluff. But can I still escape from a better hand? Will you call a turn all-in? Would you check/raise or check/call the turn? Also, if the turn gets checked by villain too, how about the river? I would make some kind of a blocking bet, but what should I do if raised?

You don't need to answer all of my silly questions.. Ty for helping out a cash game newbie. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit:
wtfsvi said:

[ QUOTE ]
(EDIT: And give concideration to dumping the hand preflop.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you seriously fold AQo here? My only consideration was whether to raise or call.