View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Regarding Jek\'s/BW\'s break-even points for BBJ (long)

[ QUOTE ]
If it was a $0.50 max-rake but also a $3 jack-pot drop would that change things? No. I don't care where the money that is getting taken off is going.
The fact that the jackpot continues to grow from the extra $0.50 (or $3) jackpot drop doesn't mean anything to me really. I'm playing for the money that EVERYONE ELSE put in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Bob,

I thinke everyone else has explained very well why it should be taken as a side bet, and thus why, at 2/4, with less raked hands, (ie cheaper side bets) the side bets cost less than 10/20, thus the BBJ doesn't need to be as high to make it +EV.

However, I do want to say that your above (quoted) example is right on. The only thing that matters is that the BBJ rake is $.50 higher than the rake at an equivalent table. How it's divided up doesn't matter.

Also, to everyone:
Recently we went through and refigured a lot of raked hand %s for various limits (using much more empirical data than before.) However, I forgot to update the BBJ table, so it is likely off slightly. This will be remedied in the next day or two.