View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Not wanting a girlfriend

I just want to run this buy you sick freaks, as I dont trust my friends to get my a really unbiased answer.

I am 23, most of my friends are between 20-28, I have about 15 close friends, that I talk to on a weekly basis, 2-3 times a week. It seems that all of them, sans 2 or 3, are hell bent on girlfriends/boyfriends, relationships, settling down, kids, etc. It seems that their whole goal in life is the 2.4 kids ideal family, and if they dont achieve it before the age of 30, they are going to have to commit hari kari.

This is my question, after reading some posts on this board. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF SETTLING DOWN. Keyword: intention, Im not saying that things dont change. Ive never had/wanted a girlfriend, but prefer to keep my options open, and just have a lot of "girl friends", without having to commit. (I love this btw, and am happy). I just want to know, if its because Im in the midwest, and its a matter of socio-economic-geo conditions. Are my friends just freaks? Am I a freak? What is your consensus on, not giving a [censored] if you ever find a "life-mate" or whatever the hell you cal lit nowadays.