View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Rehnquist passes away, let the games begin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know you are actually stupid. what you said is either a.) obviously untrue or b.) true but lacks so much in descriptive power that its not particularally meaningful. so yeah dont be a faggot.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, please do not use epithets to make your point, especially not ones referring to sexual orientation. This will typically get you banned. I'll not ban you, since I'm the target. You may think me stupid, but please find a more appropriate way of saying so than name-calling.

My point was that Rehnquist was an ultra-conservative, who will be replaced by another ultra-conservative. That is why his death will not impact the balance of the court, or the direction it has taken. It is possible that a conservative will change his/her views (which has been known to happen before) once appointed, but the bottom line here is that the way the Supremes vote on critical issues is unlikely to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, liberals should be very happy about this because there's nowhere to go but up for them, and given the track record of republican-appointed judges, liberals are likely to end up the winners when it's all said and done.

Bush cannot possibly appoint a better conservative than Rehnquist, but there's plenty of room for him to screw up and appoint a liberal by accident, which republicans have tended to do on average.

natedogg