View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 04:02 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Todd Brunson Will Never Receive Sponsorship Dollars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When big money sponsorships start coming, I don't see Todd Brunson getting any bit of it. He's boring as hell to watch.

You need to bounce around like Scotty N. if you want to get some o' that chedda baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

boring?!? what you talking bout, didn't you see him flip out against that dealer?!!? man that sh1t was intense!

[/ QUOTE ]

Must've missed that one. But seriously, he just sits there brooding, looking all depressing like my ex-roommate who has no ambitions in life and is content working as a stockboy at a grocery store........in his 30's....and living with his mom. That's the image I get when I watch Todd Brunson.

Maybe he can use some of that 20 mil to buy a personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he doesn't want to turn himself into an a$$hole just to get attention? From what i have seen from him i think he is a layed back, relaxed, intelligent and likeable person. And that IS a sign of personality, but a good personality though; not like Helmuth or this unabomber-guy, who just show bad personality because it's like they are or, more realistic, because it drags alot attention. I don't say everyone who wants to be recognized has to throw all manners away neccessarily, but it helps.
Maybe he doesn't even want to change himself to get attention 'the good way' like Scotty N., just because he wants to be the one he is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid points, for sure. Gotta respect the guy for not being something he isn't.

The thing is, for poker on television to be viewable, you need some of those crazy types with their antics. Yes, it can suck to be at the table with them, but they're sure hella-fun to watch.

If everyone at the poker table was quiet, reserved and respectful, do you actually believe the poker boom would've taken off like it did? Hell no, people would've fallen asleep watching it on TV and we wouldn't have so much of a money influx.