View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Keep repeating the LIE

I guess I should have added the caveat that President Bush can not order the LA Nat'l Guard around LA unless the U.S. is being invaded. Which it is not.

[ QUOTE ]
The Guard is organized, trained and equipped to be available in times of national emergency, upon the call of the President. It can also be called upon by the Governor for state duty, to preserve peace and order and protect life and property in the event of natural disasters or civil disturbances.

[/ QUOTE ]
GlobalSecurity.org

[ QUOTE ]
Because the National Guard remains under the authority of the states (unless called into federal service), it should not be confused with the reserves of the various services which serve primarily as training units for replacements to active component forces...
National Guard units can be mobilized at any time by presidential order to supplement regular armed forces, and upon declaration of a state of emergency by the governor of the state in which they serve.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wikipedia

So unless you have info that contradicts this, perhaps you should keep your smartass remarks to yourself. And I hope this info isn't from the left-wing echo chamber which obviously controls your mind... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]