View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Objectivity During Crisis

[ QUOTE ]
Did you just say that the Mayor of New Orleans has the power to direct the peoples of the Federal Government? Let me read that again. Yep, you said it.

[/ QUOTE ]
You read "the power to direct" when all I said was "directing"? That's creative. As director, may I wave my baton and have "the power to" make you read?

[ QUOTE ]
Let me give you a quick civics lesson: President (Bush) is responsible for directing the U.S. military (that's why he has the title of Commander-in-Chief) and he is responsible for directing the peoples of the executive branch (which includes FEMA).

[/ QUOTE ]
I researched this, and the facts kept coming up on my side -- so I kept looking, and you're right. Here are the ""facts".

[ QUOTE ]
Just because Bill O'Reilly or Rush said that the Mayor of New Orleans is commander-in-chief of the U.S. military doesn't make it so. Learn to think critically and stop being a parrot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Critical readers will note that I should not have a clue what newfant is responding to, and I don't. I suppose an appropriate response would be that I believe Ted Kennedy and John Kerry seem to like to masticate together.

[ QUOTE ]
If Rush or Bill had said that your mom was the Commander-in-Chief would you have come on this board and blamed your mom for the federal government's non-response in New Orleans?

[/ QUOTE ]
In the hope of objectivity -- let's get this over with now. Mom's are out-of-bounds. But ... if my Mom were to blame, she'd have hell to pay from me (again).