Thread: Loosey Goosey?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Results

I felt the BB's preflop reraise was a "resteal" attempt, so I wasn't truly thinking he had a big hand at that point, thus my cap. I based that assessment on the fact that I "stole" earlier with my 99. I have no read on this player except that I raised his BB first in last round. So, my cap preflop may have been suspect, but I felt I was ahead.

Throughout the play of the hand he bet and raised very quickly - as if he had the "auto" button on. While I don't give a lot of credence to online tells, this one really felt like "strong means weak" to me. This was an extension of my read on his preflop resteal. I just didn't feel anything on the board justified his aggressive play.

When I got to the river is when I really had to think clearly about the hand. There are a lot of scare cards out there. He knows that, I'm thinking. I've shown aggression early on, so I obviously have something. If I were him, I might be inclined to throttle back and check, hoping for a bluff at the pot so I can check-raise. He bets out though.

There are 12 big bets in the pot. Could he be bluffing? I have to be pretty sure to fold. I hover on the fold button, and then I think about the post about making big laydowns preflop and loose calls on the river. I also thought about a bunch of posts from Clarkmeister about calling on the river with a bare ace.

Obviously, I called. I called because I was getting 12:1 and I don't think there's any way I can be that certain he's not bluffing.

He showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a missed flush.

Now, I'd like to know how Kurn came up with the idea of a bluff raise here. It would have been great.

Thanks all.

Regards,

T