View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Coordinated board and lots of action...would you call this turn?

I made the turn-bet raise to increase my winning chances... I see the first player opening the betting as probably having a better hand than me. I need to try to push out the other two players behind me if possible. I can't fold because the pot is too big, and calling really gains me nothing...hence the raise. It potentially drives out someone drawing to the gutshot draw above me(someone holding a 10 or a 3), or possibly pushing out 2 pair here. Giving them 5 to 1 is better than giving them 9 to 1(what they'd be getting if I just called)

Unfortunately it didn't work that way and I was left in the rather precarious position I was left in. Possibly calling 2 more bets when I could now(following the betting patterns) be drawing dead to every out...

*EDIT* As for the flop bet, I made it specifically BECAUSE I knew the LAG would raise. If he had any piece of this board, he'd raise and possibly push out the other players, allowing me to go heads up against a loose player with a very strong drawing hand and his belief that I've been playing fairly tight at the table. How could he possibly put me on 86s? My implied odds against him heads up are potentially staggering.