View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Is this an easy fold?

[ QUOTE ]
I think I might call here. I can only see two likely hands....J9 or heart draw.

[/ QUOTE ] If that's your read calling is by far the worst option. If he's ahead I giving him 300 chips without getting any additional information; if I'm ahead I'm giving him a free card to hit his 12 outer (flushing or pairing his kicker) on the turn.
[ QUOTE ]
I would make at least a 3/4 size pot bet

[/ QUOTE ] If your read is that I'm ahead my bet was perfect - I made him commit an extra 300 chips with a losing hand. If he's aggressive enough to pot-raise a draw it's not clear to me why he wouldn't do it if I bet 40 chips more. If he's ahead I saved 40 chips without giving up any information.

I don't think a strategy based completely on whether he checks the turn or not (while commintting close to 20% of my remaining chips) is a good way of dealing with the situation.

It's either fold or push here.

Limping AJ in EP and [ QUOTE ]
hoping for two pair or better

[/ QUOTE ] makes little sense - I'm only going to flop two pair one time out of 50, and that still doesn't guarantee villain didn't flop a set. So there.

Thank for the replies ...

One orbit later seeing the villain raise KJ from EP and then calling the BB's all-in reraise for a third of his stack gave me a distinct feeling I should have pushed.

But I believe folding was correct in the situation based on the scant amount of information available to me.

Best,

McMelchior (Johan)