View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Three hands near the bubble in last night\'s Party $40K guaranteed

Hand #1.

Eh, marginal. I think this is table dependent, if you think they'd fold good move. You're pretty low stacked, so meh sure.

Hand #2

I really don't like this. The only time I'm not pushing with 10 BBs or less is if I have QQ-AA. And that's because I'm trying to get a little action and/or am hoping someone pushes over on me. Jacks is a push. AK is a push. That being said, I don't know if I'd push K9, totally table read dependent but I'd probably wait for a medium ace at least. I think you have to look at it this way, if villian had pushed on you, and you plan to fold, you just donked away 1/3 your stack. That's just bad poker. Better to get it all in and maximize FE, as even if everyone folds you get 2.5 BBs, pretty significant.

edit: Didn't notice you were the BB. This is an easy check for me, it would disguise your hand and let you open push the flop.

Hand #3

Nothing huge here. Personally I like 3 or 3.5x the BB, but whatever. Definatly gotta call his push. Seems pretty standard if you've decided to steal with this hand. I think that's the only critisism, as now you're forced to show you've been stealing with crap.