View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Three hands near the bubble in last night\'s Party $40K guaranteed

Hand #1

I think I like it although it would be better with reads. You have just enough to make them fold alot of hands and if successful, you increase your stack by 50% and it's a good hand to do it with IMO.

Hand #2

This one I don't like so much. Considering an early position limp from a big stack, your raise probably doesn't have much fold equity. I would just check and see a flop here. Once you did raise and he min-raised, you pretty much had to call and also go with the flop.

Hand #3

Seems alright to raise here, sounds like you have a plan if one of the bigger stacks reraises. One thing I do when raising a shorter or average stack on the bubble is manipulate my bet size (if possible) so that if he pushes, I will know for sure if I'm going to call. For example, if I have a crap hand, I may raise just a little less, so that an all-in raise by him will give me incorrect odds to call and I can lay it down easily. Or raise just a little extra so that he knows you will be calling a push and you know that if he pushes, you're calling. In this hand, you have the odds to call with pretty much anything.