View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:32 PM

Default AJo flop question

Hey.

I thought this flop decision was somewhat interesting but I could be overthinking it.

A bit about the cast.

BB: He has 3 BBs left going to the flop, but he is unknown to me.

MP3: Wow. My buddy here. Stats of 61/0/0 but they don't tell half of it. He will never EVER bet when checked to, I've seen him call my preflop button steal with AA and check/call down on a J95T3 board. His WTSD% if 33 but he will almost always peel the flop, his cards being irrelevant to this decision. However he's been folding a lot lately on the turn as I've been value-betting the [censored] out of him.

Given the fact that I'm 95%+ sure he will call the flop, but will never bet the flop, and I'm not sure about BB, do you check or bet this flop? I realize a lot of the time I am giving HIM the free cards here, which is part of the problem.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.