Thread: Loosey Goosey?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Loosey Goosey?

Personally, I don't usually cap this pre-flop but I think there are a lot of valid reasons to do so, so I'm fine with it. With a gutshot, a 3-flush, two overcards and position I like your flop raise. When bb 3-bets then leads the turn I put him on AA, KK, QQ or AQ. This gives Hero a very poor equity of around 14% but the pot is offering 10:1 and I think Villain is stuck paying us off if an offsuit J hits so I like the call here.

This river call is what you're posting about I presume. In the heat of battle I'd probably look at the $60 in the pot and call as well, but on paper I think you can safely fold this hand. The only hand I can conceive of villain having that you can beat is AJ and I'd put the odds of that below the 12:1 you're getting - A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is the only hand I think I could play this way as the villain that doesn't have you beaten and I probably wouldn't have 3-bet with that hand either (though I might have lead after adding an OESD on the turn).

So in the end I can only really cast doubt on the river call, but 5 BB's sure seems like a lot to lose with Ace high . . . [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]