View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Known Paradise bugs

1. Auto raise caller. I limp preflop, typically with Axs. It comes back raised. Paradise software sometimes automatically calls the raise. The cursor is parked in a safe area nowhere near the buttons. My hand is nowhere near the mouse. It just calls it anyway. Not a big problem since I always call one back anyway, but I would prefer to handle my own betting.

2. Auto folder. Variation on #1. Today I have Axs and limp preflop. It comes back raised, and Paradise auto folds me. Again, no possible way I did it myself, it was Pradise. And did I mention that three of my suit came on the flop? They actually refunded my one SB for this one. No mention of the pot I lost when I would have flopped the nut flush and the guy on my left bet out with his pair of kings.

3. Auto river checker. Heads up on the river. I'm definitely planning to bet or raise, just waiting to see what my opponent does. Cursor parked safely, hand nowhere near the mouse. The "show cards" button appears. The first few times it happened I assumed my opponent was all-in, but the last few I'm absolutely certain he had money on the table, and I was never given an opportunity to bet, or even check for that matter. This one definitely costs me money.

4. Invisible cards. When first starting up, cards appear as small, translucent boxes. Makes it kind of hard to read your hole cards, or the board. Shutting down and restarting generally fixes it, but you lose your blind, unless of course you want to call it down in the dark and see if you get paid.

5. Invisible buttons. Buttons filled with multi-colored snow. Guess which one is which.

6. Invisible tables. There are 10 1/2 tables, and 15 .25/.50 tables, but only 3 .50/1. Then there are 10. Then there are 5. Then there are 15.

7. No table names. Instead the table header showing the name of the table, it just says "waiting for data" or some such. Makes it hard to add tables when you don't even know which table you're already on. I don't use PV, but apparently it plays hell with that too.

8. No-waiting list. The waiting list box always appears subdued. No possible way to get on the waiting list for a table or for all tables. Nothing to check, nothing to do except hit the X.

9. Don't get me started on hand histories.

What does Paradise customer non-support say about this? It can't be their software, must be the player.

Has anyone else experienced any of these, or want to add to the list?

I'm done with Paradise. I cashed out today. I wanted to play in the Katrina tourney, but I'm not putting up with the insults from "customer support" any longer.