View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: confused about KK hand

I was just offering an alternate line to your line, which seems like is very rough and not thought out well. You check the flop, fine. But why bet the turn? Are you trying to get value out of a jack? Are you trying to get an ace to fold? Are you trying to protect your hand?

Here's the deal, if I'm checking this flop I'm probably also checking the turn. If it checks through again I'd probably bet the pot and expect many people with a jack and worse to call because of my suspicious line. I'd also suspect an ace to probably make itself known on the turn, so I'm not completely worried about being up against one and yet I'm also fairly certain my bet, although unorthodox, has value. Im also pretty sure that no one with a worse hand will try to bluff raise me because people tend to not fck with pot bets.

That is another thing I might do, but it's kinda irrelevant. You just need to get into the habit of making plans and understand what your bets mean, and not just saying "Well my hand is pretty weak let me make a little weak bet" or whatever you were thinking this hand.

Also keep in mind that when you check the turn you don't have to be worried about worse hands catching up because you are going to most of the time be ahead with them drawing to 0-6 outs and its probably worth it to let your opponents fall in love with a worse hand at the expense of letting them draw.

-Jason