View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Commerce 100-200 report. Not pretty . . . .

FWIW, Joe told me he didnt feel like playing poker while he was still a small winner in the game. I played some 1-2 this past week and the game was very good. But, until they start dealing me 300 hands an hour, I probably wont be making too many trips out there. I think a good player playing the 30-60 will win a lot more than a great player playing the Commerce 1-2 even with perfect game selection. Throw in the fact that 90% of the guys Ive played with in that game have been real miserable people, and it doesnt appeal to me all that much. When I used to play live a lot that stuff never bothered me, but now that I pretty much only go to mix it up and have a good time, I'm not too crazy about it. They are all laughing it up and having a good time when they are stacking chips, and screaming at dealers and telling bad beat stories when they arnt. If there was more guys like Andy in that place, I'd probably make the 20 minute drive a lot more. Anyway he is right, poker is dumb, we should have drank beer and went to Malibu.