View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: TT 1st hand versus big raise at limpers from SB: push, call, or fold

I pushed. There was 500 in the pot and 1500 in my stack. I felt I had some pot odds and folding equity, although as the 2nd limper my limpraise lacked some credibility.

If UTG had JJ-AA, he was playing it very strangely by limp/calling. The raise of 10xBB 2xpot did not look like a big pair to me. Also, since the raise came from the blinds, it looked like he might be just trying to steal the pot. I thought there was some chance SB had a smaller pair than mine or some other hand I dominated. I thought I might be dealing with a loose fish who wanted to gamble.

SB called and UTG folded. SB showed QJs, which was a good result for me, since I was ahead 53-47 with 55-45 pot odds, so I was getting about 58-42 on my money. I felt like one of those loose fish maniacs when the hands were exposed, but I think my play was reasonable given the way the hand had gone. Villain made 2 pair, so the actual result was not good, as I was the first player to bust out of the satellite.