View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:16 PM

Default You missed my point

One of the review ?'s you what to think about is "What to my opponents think I hold?" Don't you want to shape their thinking into better holdings? And the factors that make sense to consider that approach include: Position + table image + prior play. People often project a prior hand to current play. Having just played KK w/in one orbit was still in their minds when I decided to take advantage of that history and was raising the issue here to see if there was a situational advantage that was not discussed in this hand.

And, yes, I found out 2 hands later that I had the 2nd best hand when the guy I was HU w/ asked what I had - I told the truth and he said" "Damn, folded my PP 3's." Had I just checked - he wins - I had to river bet to win it using position - table image and prior play. Whether it turns out to be a value bet or semi-bluff is something you will only know in hindsight. I was trying to reference other factors that had not been discussed in this hand that might have supported a more aggressive approach.

If your table image was weaker, or you had been recently caught raising weaker holdings, then this approach would not work. Within the context of the hand under discussion, what was YOUR table image? What had you raised recently? Was it shown? If you had a strong,tight pre-flop image, particularly recently, play strong and bet the river. If your image that you bring to that hand was weaker, check.

These context issues in the hand under discussion remain undisclosed.