View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Boring and standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: And BTW why the hell don't you play higher? Your reasoning is way too good for 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of reasons why people play lower than the maximum level they could beat. For me, the reason is that I am seriously over-rolled for my games and I don't want to advance faster than my skills dictate so I decided to not put any more offline money into my online poker bankroll. So I only move up when I earn enough to move up. And the same job that makes me well bankrolled requires many hours of work so I don't have much time to play online poker. But the good news is that I will be moving up to the 400s at some point next week or so if all goes according to plan. Thanks for the kind words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job man. I'm in the same situation, except I consider 20 buy-ins to be sufficient enough for me to move up, because I also move down a lot. I don't plan on ever putting another dime from my bank account online. I just moved to 400 NL.

Although, I am playing on Prima, where everyone almost everyone is loose-passive ... not as much variance as playing against a table full of maniacs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]