View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Dear Bison: September 2005

Dear Bison:

At 6AM on a sunday morning my friend John's cell phone rings. He rolls out of bed with his girlfriend to go answer it. It's his friend Jessica (female). She is flying back from NY and has called everyone she knows trying to get a ride home from the airport but no one can get her. John is her last hope. "Can you pick me up from the airport today at 5PM." He thinks about it and knows that his girlfriend will be at work at this time and say "No problem, see you at 5." Climbs back into bed and tries to cuddle with his girlfriend only to get the cold shoulder. She is very upset with him because he didn't consult her before commiting to going to the airport.

I've told this story to a number of friends and was shocked at the responses gathered. The majority of my married friends responded with "Oh yeah, John screwed up. He needs to ask first before doing that kind of stuff." My single friends said "His girlfriend is over bearing. Why is she so insecure it's just a friend at the airport."

So my question to you is. When a couple gets married do they lose all ability to do things on there own? Must they now ask permission to breathe?