Thread: Leadership
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Leadership

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed a lot of racial comments in the forum, and it prompted me to do a search. Blacks have in many ways segregated themselves by supporting and endorsing racial "leaders". One of the problems (much like in the Islamic community) is that I haven't heard their leaders step forward with an outright condemnation of the behavior in New Orleans. That would help a lot.

I went to Jesse Jacksons site and couldn't find any fundraising for New Orleans victims (or even a mention of). The rest of the site is all about fundraising (for Jesse).

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?/base/news-18/1125623640148840.xml&storylist=louisiana

I assume you're white, Sheetwise. Many people accuse rich, white Americans of standing idly by when the world has problems. One of the problems (of the rich white community) is that I haven't seen alot of them stop what they're doing in their everyday lives, hop on a plane, and get a little dirty helping their countrymen when they need it most. That would help alot.

Will you be leaving the safe confines of the space behind your computer and join Jesse Jackson in New Orleans, Sheetwise?

Be sure to let us know how it goes when you get there.