View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Help me build my mp3 collection. Letter B

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of music is bedhead, beulah, big star, bonnie billy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bedhead - is "slowcore". slow paced, hushed vocals "rock" songs. 3 guitars, bass, drums. intricate, pleasant, intense songs that take root in your brain. one of my favorite bands of all time.
You can find some Bedhead songs right here. I'd try More Than Ever from Transaction de Novo first.
Also, here are a couple songs from The New Year.
The New Year is the band formed by the core of Bedhead after Bedhead broke up. Both these songs are little more rockin/fast paced than Bedhead songs, but the instrument sounds and vocal style is very very similar. If you like these, you'll like Bedhead.
Chinese Handcuffs
Gasoline

Beulah - awsome indie pop rock.
Here's a song from When Your Heartstrings Break.

Big Star - 70's rock. You know the theme song to That 70's Show? That's a Big Star song (covered by some other band).
Third/Sister Lovers is my favorite, but they really should all be possessed by any lover of rock music.

Bonnie Price Billy - aka Will Oldham aka Palace aka Palace Music aka Palace Brothers. Folky rock from a wobbly voiced genius. Johnny Cash covered "I See a Darkness" (the song) on his album "American III: Solitary Man". Most people seem to regard "I See a Darkness" as his best album, but I definitely think "Ease Down the Road" is better.

Also, I linked those New Year and Beulah downloads from www.epitonic.com. You should definitely check that site out.