View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Final table hand of a Party 50+5

[ QUOTE ]
With 8xBB, push suited gapper from SB. It doesn't matter if BB is likely to get called. You are unlikely to be in bad shape if called. You have pot odds and folding equity. I push any average or above hand here.

I gather he called and busted you. What did BB have? I doubt you were dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. He had 55 (I was so happy when I saw it, because he called ultra-fast, and I was actually a favorite).

This would be an auto- allin on a STT assuming a tightish range for the big stack (nothing he had done told me otherwise). Does the same principle exist in a very top heavy payout MTT structure? Does it make more sense to not squeeze every bit of EV out if it means people will be eliminated and I get to advance spots? Note that there's a micro stack (0.1BB) sitting around.

In retrospect, it was such a marginal all-in, and since big stacks tend to loosen up compared to medium stacks, I should have either completed or folded. Maybe, maybe not.

All in all, I think I'm being results-oriented, but this was my first final table of a good sized MTT (I usually just 8-table 30+3 STTs), and this hand made me puke when I got $350 for 9th when 1st was $5K+

(xposted a little in the STT forum)