View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Should You Quit Your Day Job? — Part II well.... im stupid

[ QUOTE ]
The majority of players do underestimate the variance involved in poker and shouldnt go pro, but there are many online pros that have their act together and should be able to support themselves for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time...I wonder where is this money going to come from, there is going to be a point when there will be more pros than money, thats pretty much the case at everything in life. I mean in the 80's everyone wanted to be a standup comedian so it sort of died off, right now its real state and poker, but everything has to end. I can see people online who are winners right now, but when push comes to shove, I am better than them and I will have to break them when there is less money available, I can see there are flaws in their games, its obvious, and im sure more than 1 is a pro.

The question no one has asked is, where is this money going to come from? I mean does money magically appear out of nowhere? Someone has to be working for it no? What if poker stops being popular? This has happened before by the way, a lot of pros went broke in poker before and only the best survived, its coming again and only the best will survive this time again, there is no doubt about it, a lot of pros that are borderline when it comes to skill level will go broke and thats what Dr. Al is trying to warn people about.

He is basically the voice of reason, so you had a good year, big whoop doesnt mean your going to snap give the finger to your boss, quit your job and rely on paying all your bills with poker. The reality is most people arent going to make it, even some that are making it now. I consider myself pretty much above most good players at my game, but even I dont quit going to school and wont quit till I finish, because I gotta have an out. Dr. Al is just trying to warn people about the future thats all.