View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: JJ against argo player

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like that line because it's too expensive in case he actually has a queen. You've comitted more than half of your chips and it's hard to say whether you are really ahead or not. I think you might be, but I don't like the CR to find out. I would lead at this pot, 2/3 the pot, enough that he would know I was serious. He should raise you with a Q on this draw heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main reason I cr'd was that I had decided that with any non-AK flop I would let him lead, as he would bet 90% of the time whether he hit or not.

It seemed like the best way to extract more chips. At the time I felt that betting out would get less $ in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

There've been a lot of threads about this recently, actually. The idea is that a lot of times, betting out is the best way to get more of your opponents chips in the middle, because it appears to be a continuation bet, when in fact you are fully prepared to commit your whole stack.

In any event, I don't think giving a free card to an AK type hand is really the way to go here.