View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Heads up play against TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet the flop. Not sure if it's right. I like leading the turn, since even though he's been aggressive, the board pairing can't make him feel that good, and I wouldn't want it checked through. I could be convinced pretty easily that a check-raise is better, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

After his flop 3bet (against a check-raise), do you really think he will check behind the turn? Given his play I believe we can put him on an overpair many times and expect him to think our turn bet is a stupid bluff, raising and letting us 3-bet. If he is very passive, there is a risk he will only call down so then check-raise could be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I agree that leading the turn is the best. But, put yourself in villain's shoes. We just check-raised the pre-flop raiser. So, he's got to figure that if we weren't bluffing, we most likely had a 9, J, or 44, since we would likely have raised ourselves pre-flop with any pair higher than 99. So yeah, there's not an insignificant percentage of the time he might check this through, taking a free showdown. That scenario *plus* the reasons you gave above are why I thought leading the turn was a better option. We agree the best way to go on the turn.