View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Was Scalf Referring to Blacks in These Posts?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok Lakeisha is a name probably associated with a black woman but not necessarily. I think the statement itself shows bias against some group but I sure don't want to make the leap that it's anti-black since I might have to defend that conclusion (like the guy with clown in his handle couldn't do). I sure wouldn't want to do it based on the name Lakeisha but that's me heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay amigo, you've begged enough for my attention. I will explain this slowly so you can u n d e r s t a n d. Let's look at a quote from your hero:

"same people a few years ago in l.a. were outraged that a repetitve dui, drugee, who lead police on a dangerous long chase was mistreated by police;...so it was this same race that felt it was appropriate to stop drivers ofanother race; drag them from their truck and beat them nearly to death...and of course loot and steal; "to get revenge"..again with no shame or regard for other people or their property rights..."

I won't expect you to know what he's talking about, because it's not spelled out in an abc format (though I'm not sure even that would help.)

What he is referring to is the Rodney King incident that lead to riots in Los Angeles (that's in California-- just in case you didn't know.) You see, this "culture", was African Americans who were extremely disgruntled by the not guilty verdict in the abusive police officers' trial, and they rioted in the streets of LA-- and in the process assaulted a Caucasian truck driver named Reginald Denny. (Do you seriously not know of this?!)

Let's do some math [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

1. "same people a few years ago in l.a. were outraged that a repetitve dui, drugee, who lead police on a dangerous long chase was mistreated by police"

These "same people" people were African Americans. Rodney King and members of the black community were outraged by the not guilty verdict of the white police officers who beat Rodney King.

2. "...so it was this same race that felt it was appropriate to stop drivers ofanother race; drag them from their truck and beat them nearly to death"

Once again, "same race" = African Americans
"drivers of another race" = Reginal Denny = Caucasians

Knowing that the comments pertained to Rodney King and the LA riots, should be enough to show you the way. However, I don't want to make such assumptions when dealing with you.

So you see, anyone with average intelligence and 3rd grade reading skills can understand what race was being referred to here. And once you know who he was writing about, you can see the racism in his keystrokes. Do you now understand, good buddy?