View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Don\'t understand this ($555)-Stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i typically don't call with 98o after a raise and re-raise in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the 98 play. She figures that there is no way Massah calls with her being so close to being bubbled out. That means she can triple up while only going against one player, a player who is big-stack bullying and may not have much of a hand. If she doesn't call and Massah folds, it's pretty much lights out for her.

Of course, considering that Massah didn't fold it didn't quite work out for her as planned but I love the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, your logic is pretty much what I was thinking the rationale would be. The way the stacks are situated, the small stack has such a small chance of making the money that their best hope is to triple up now, and this is a great time to do so considering they are in the BB and that the original raisor is calling with only a monster.

this leaves one/ question in my mind - we "know" that the original raisor is only calling w/ a monster, the raisor presumably knows that too, no?

Assuming he knows this, he was baiting Bax w/ the QQ expecting the RR, right? If he wasn't, he would have raised more PF to discourage someone from coming over-the-top, no? given that QQ is far from invincible, and a loss pretty much eliminates the chance at first, this is fairly risky, especially if you tighten Bax's RR standards, though if they were really tight the point of making a bait play is somewhat lost, right?

ok, i have a headache [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]