View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Cash Games: Limit Vs. No Limit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fundamentals - limit is a game that requires you to learn and respect the fundamentals of poker - counting outs, pot odds vs. draw odds, how to play each street. Because you are denied the opportunity to make bets that force your opponents into bad situations, you must learn how to play correctly to be successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that us NL players have to learn to count outs, pot odds, draw odds, and play each street.

You over simplify what a person much master to play NL successfully, if it was as simple as betting people out of the pot anyone could be great.

I certainly agree that limit is more welcoming to a beginner because of the swings in NL.

However I believe NL takes a greater level of skill to master and has far more things to take into account during a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swings are actually much smaller in NL and there are far fewer things to take into consideration (is bet size really all that tough to understand?). The price of not mastering those few things however, can be much higher. I believe you're confusing speed of losing with amount of skill required to not lose.