View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Hand from 2+2game last night, turn play

This is okay, though there are other lines that you could consider. Notice that you don't really mind if he checks behind since you only have J-high. If the turn card were the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for example, you would want to bet here to prevent giving AK-AQ/KQ a free card. If he checks behind here, all he is really doing is giving you a free card since he figures to have J-high beat at this point.

Obviously you shut down if he 3-bets and you don't find anything. If he does 3-bet, I would check/fold a river 7 and bet/fold a river jack (or maybe check/call but good players could possibly 3-bet this turn to take a free SD so I kinda like betting). Gamble and check/raise if you make the flush (if the card is low) or straight. If the flush card is the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] -Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I would just come out betting.

I'm not a big fan of the turn check/raise semi-bluff, and I probably would have check/called (I would be doing a good amount of bluffing on the river). I don't really like betting since I feel like A-big will just call it down. A check/raise in this spot probably gives you better fold equity since you have to fear a check behind by AK or AQ or KQ. When you check/raise, you are telling him that you don't fear giving a free card and he might lay down some hands that you want him too.

Brad