View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: How to play this?

Are you saying if you are said TAG your only betting this with a 9 or a pair higher than 5's??

He was in BB an was able to check his option preflop. He can have any two cards. Any overpair he would/should raise preflop so I would rule those out.

I would assume most TAG's would lead with any 9, any pocket pair > 4, some 4's & 2's, most straight draws and in some cases overcards given the raggedy nature of the board.

I couldn't argue with a flop fold (although doing it every time in this situation seems a bit weak). I think a raise is better than a call alot of the time.
You can only be calling if you think you may have the best hand, as you do not have odds to be trying to hit anything. Raising should only cost you one small extra bet but does three important things that calling does not:
<ul type="square">[*] gives you more information on where you stand. If you are 3-bet you can get away from this.[*] gives you a possibility to take a free card.[*] gives you a chance to win the pot right here.[/list]Turn play seems pretty straight-forward to me, I play the same.

If your not folding, how is calling not worse than raising? I think this is a case of folding&gt;raising&gt;calling but I may be wrong. Thoughts?

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]