View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Passive play theory vol.1

[ QUOTE ]
Agressor is loose passive, like 54/4/.4

Where should it be different?
I have my idea, but lets see.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (9 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Standard. FLOP: If the aggressor truly is this passive, I think you should fold this hand out, your overs are probably worthless and the QH is not enough incentive to continue, if you had the KH than I would continue in the hand. Another thing, If you really want to call here, raising the flop may be better than calling since your opponent is so passive, that way if you dont improve on the turn you may be able to take your free card, but this play really is pointless in this spot since there may not be a card in the deck that can help you. TURN: All you have is a marginal call here so raising is out of the question. Hitting the queen makes your hand look prettier but it doesnt change your situation. You are still trailing here vs a passive bettor so there is no need to protect your hand. This is another reason you shouldve folded the flop, becuz you can end up going too far if the turn card gives you one of those "phantom Improvements" If you do decide to raise you have an easy fold if your passive opponent reraises you since that would mean your flush outs are no good. RIVER: Once you get this far you should call and hope for the best, I will be very surprised if you win this one.