View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Some hands from the blinds

kitaristi0 - Hand #1. I'd bet the flop for a number of reasons: (1) If you're planning on calling a bet anyhow, betting yourself is better. (2) By betting, you might get another second nut low hand to fold. (3) By betting you might get somebody holding two hearts to fold, rather than possibly picking up a flush draw on the turn. (4) You don't want someone who would have folded to a bet making trips or even two pair on the turn. (5) By betting you might get another higher, but non-nut diamond draw to fold. (6) By betting the flop when you don't have the nuts, you make it more difficult for your opponents to read you when you bet the flop and do have the nuts. I've probably left out some reasons. In short, I think you should bet this flop. Otherwise, fine.

Hand #2. Fine. One could make a good case for folding rather than completing before the flop. It's a pretty ragged looking starting hand. But I'd probably have seen the flop the same as you. After the flop two pair, deuces and sevens is not worth a bet or a call.

Hand #3. Fine. No suggestions. Your starting hand is a dog, but then you flop two pair, queens and jacks and low is not possible. But your two high pair are not strong enough to slow-play so you bet and win the pot. Fine.

Buzz