View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Should You Quit Your Day Job? — Part II

[ QUOTE ]
If you go to the website, pokerbustouts.com, you will learn that some of them supported themselves for many years, and at least one ran his bankroll to over $700,000. Others won major tournaments, including WSOP events.

You must face up to one reality: NOBODY with extensive experience in the world of poker believes it is easy to make it as a pro. We differ on how difficult it is, and what percentage of wannabes fail, but ALL of us know that most of them don't make it.

Regards,

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Al has written quite throughly about many making it as a pro. I think Al's information is frequently generalized to the masses of aspiring poker players. I understand why his information is given in that format because think of all the people at the tables who think they are excellent at poker but they are really poor players. That is who Al is addressing not the logical studious grinders who made themselves into winners through dedication and patience.

I believe that we humans have so much untapped potential in us. If the average man is willing to get all the needed books, videos and read the 2+2 books over and over again and spend over 10 hours a week reading and thinking about poker in addition to the needed table experience you can make yourself a winner. I just spent the summer traveling and playing in New Orleans and Las Vegas as a pro and it feels great winning and knowing why I am winning.