View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: A567ss hand in SB

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't involved in this hand at all, but was pretty surprised by the results. What's your move on the flop, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]
My move? Other than berating myself for calling the re-raise and putting myself in this tough position with more than 1/6 of my hard earned bankroll at risk? And wishing that the 9 and 4 were clubs?

OK, where I play a pot re-raise from BB equals AA. Whether it's co-ordinated or not depends on the player. The raise/call by Villain1 usually indicates a strong 4 card hand, probably with a big pair (but maybe not).

Hero's pretty much 50-50 against a naked AAxx (or any other big pair), and a 2 or 3 to 1 dog against 6789 or 99xx, much worse if the xx is co-ordinated with the flop, which it should be if he's raising with it.

Villain2 is not going anywhere with his remaining $50, so Hero's looking at $42 for a $175 three-way main pot and another $60 for a $120 two-way side pot.

The way I see it, unless Hero has reason to believe that both villians are overplaying overpairs this looks like a probable zero EV situation or worse. With a 50% chance to win the side pot and a 20% chance (if against AAxx and 678x) to win the main pot Hero's $100 can expect to return an average of about $100. Any further co-ordination amongst the Villians leads to large -EVs.

To me, small positive + big negative = fold and wait for better situations.

When are you going to tell us what the surprising results were?